Organization: NO MORE Campaign (a project of NEO Philanthropy)
Position: Executive Director
Position Type: Contract
Location: Flexible – National/Remote/Telework
About NO MORE:
NO MORE unites and strengthens a diverse, global community to help end domestic violence, sexual assault and abuse. Dedicated to inspiring cultural change and advancing societal progress, NO MORE provides public awareness campaigns, marketing tools and communications resources for anti-violence organizations, large and small. Encouraging everyone — women and men, youth and adults, from all walks of life — to be part of the solution, NO MORE sparks national and international grassroots activism.
Launched in 2013, NO MORE brings together the largest coalition of advocacy groups, service providers, governmental agencies, major corporations, universities, communities and individuals, all under a common brand and a unifying symbol in support of a world free of violence. NO MORE is a project of NEO Philanthropy, a 501(c)(3) public charity.
About the Position:
In the position of Executive Director, NO MORE seeks an innovative change-maker; a leader who can take NO MORE from an important, promising start-up to an efficient, effective and invaluable organization.
The Executive Director will work to secure funding; develop short-and long-term strategies, partnerships and creative marketing/communications campaigns to build the NO MORE brand; support the anti-violence field; and strengthen the movement to end domestic violence, sexual assault and other forms of abuse. In this effort, she/he will work collaboratively with NO MORE’s co-founders, funders, staff, volunteers, National Steering Committee and local, state and national partners and allies, under the guidance of a NO MORE Board of Advisors. She/he is a highly motivated, productive self-starter who can operate autonomously while also providing leadership, support and guidance to a team of approximately 4-5 individuals working remotely across the U.S. This is initially a consultant role with the potential to become a full-time position.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the national organization’s strategy, operations, programs and staff/contractors.
- Help secure the financial stability of NO MORE to carry out its mission, creating a near and longer-term plan for sustainability.
- Build a diverse portfolio of funding streams such as corporate donations, foundation grants and others to be determined.
- Cultivate strategic partnerships and maintain relationships with all key constituents.
- Develop public awareness campaigns, marketing tools, communications resources and other programs to serve the field and advance the organization’s mission.
- Serve as NO MORE’s leading voice and advocate at events, in the media, and among public and private sector partners and influencers.
Qualifications & Skills:
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to NO MORE’s mission. Specific requirements include:
- Track record of effectively leading an organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Proven ability to raise funds, achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget.
- Passion for and experience working for a cause or social impact campaign. Knowledge of the domestic violence, sexual assault and other forms of abuse field a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills – with past success cultivating and working with Board advisors, partners, sponsors and the media.
- Commitment to transparency and data-driven program evaluation.
- Strong understanding of how media, brands and technology can be leveraged for social impact.
- Excellent project management skills, detail-oriented with the ability to problem-solve, prioritize, delegate and successfully deliver results.
- Collaborative, resourceful, entrepreneurial and willing to roll up his/her sleeves to work on projects big and small in a fast-changing environment.
- Demonstrated dedication to diversity and non-discrimination on grounds of culture, nationality, race, sex, disability, religion, age and sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.
- Adept with technology and knowledge of social media.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree in human services, social sciences, public/business administration, marketing/communications, or other related field a plus.
- Persons from communities of color, traditionally marginalized populations and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and other forms of abuse are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Supply her/his own equipment (i.e., laptop, SmartPhone, charging devices).
- Moderate travel, including some overnights, is required.
Please submit a compelling cover letter, resume and three (3) references to jobs[at]nomore.org with the subject line “Director of NO MORE Application.” Position will remain open until filled.