We want you to get involved.
Since 2013, NO MORE has been working to end domestic and sexual violence by increasing awareness, inspiring action, and fueling culture change. Thanks to your tremendous support, we’ve made great progress and grown exponentially. Today, NO MORE has more than 1,400 allied organizations and 40 chapters around the world. Together, we are engaging millions in the effort to stop and prevent domestic violence and sexual assault.
Any individual, organization, or corporation that wants to help end domestic violence and sexual assault can use the NO MORE symbol to show their commitment to this cause. The goal is to encourage as many people as possible to say “NO MORE.”
Change can happen everywhere. That’s why we encourage everyone to make change by hosting a NO MORE event. For example, some people may choose to gather a handful of friends and family to talk about the issues. Some may plan a workplace gathering to support employees and communities. Others might prefer producing a larger event where college students and faculty come together on campus for an issue-driven discussion. Whatever you prefer, the format, location, and scale are up to you. The goals of NO MORE Activities, however, are the same:
- Start conversations and educate people about domestic violence and sexual assault to help eliminate the stigma, shame, and blame that surround them.
- Encourage action year-round. Use events to help participants learn how using the NO MORE symbol can help raise awareness and support for ending domestic violence and sexual assault in their communities.
- Help drive additional support to NO MORE and to local domestic violence and sexual assault organizations across the country.
What kinds of activities do you suggest?
The scale and content are really up to you and how much time and resources you have. Whatever you choose to do, be sure to upload photos and information about your event so you can inspire others! Be sure to use #NOMORE when you post so that we can follow and share.
Whether you are planning a large event or a more intimate gathering, below are some ways to engage attendees in a discussion.
- Have NO MORE “I Say NO MORE” signs on hand that attendees can personalize. Don’t forget to capture photos of people holding their personalized signs, and share them on social media with the hashtags #NOMORE.
- Consider inviting one or more speakers from local organizations to discuss the many nuances of domestic violence or sexual assault, how these issues have impacted their family or community, and why talking about these topics is so important. If more than one speaker, try to include people from diverse backgrounds.
- Facilitate role-playing of various conversation scenarios.
- Break into small groups/facilitate a large group discussion on how to apply the tools in the NO MORE Toolkit— conversation starters, warning signs, etc.—on the family, school, or community level.
- Display the statistics and conversation starters and other resources in this guide around the room. Attendees can check out the displays and collect printed versions of the resources as they go.
- Contact a local domestic violence/sexual assault organization and see what kinds of things they need— toiletries, food, school supplies—and then ask people to bring those items to the event.
- Serve NO MORE blue donuts, cookies, popcorn, sandwiches – whatever you can think of to integrate the symbol and the color into elements of your activity to make it memorable and fun.
Sample Tweets and Facebook Posts
- [Insert your organization name] is saying #NOMORE to domestic violence and sexual assault? Join us for [insert event name or link] #ChangeHappensHere
- The #COVID19 health crisis has caused a dramatic increase in instances of domestic violence. We’re saying #NOMORE. Join us for [insert event name or link].
- No matter where we are, #ChangeHappensHere. We can all play a part in ending domestic violence and sexual assault. Join us for [insert event name or link]. #NOMORE
- NO MORE [insert your excuse here] #ChangeHappensHere [Attach NO MORE Sign Picture]
- [Insert Organization Name] is saying #NOMORE to domestic violence and sexual assault. Will you join us? #ChangeHappensHere
- Know the facts: 24 people every minute are victims of physical violence, rape and stalking from their partners. We’re saying #NOMORE. #ChangeHappensHere
- Know the facts: Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted. We’re saying #NOMORE. #ChangeHappensHere
- Know the facts: Nearly half of all men and women have experienced verbal abuse from a partner. #NOMOREVerbalAbuse #NOMORE #ChangeHappensHere