Host a NO MORE Week Event
All of us can play a role in ending domestic violence and sexual assault. No matter how big or small, every action is important and we welcome them all. Rally your friends, your campus, your work place, your gym, to take action!
The goals of NO MORE Week activities are the same but the scale and content are really dependent on the time and resources you have. The following are just some ideas we’ve come up with and some examples of things other people have done. Whatever you choose to do, be sure to add your event here and tag us in photos on Twitter (@NOMOREorg), Facebook (@NOMORE.org), Instagram (@NOMOREorg) so we can promote your efforts and inspire others to take action!
Host a documentary screening in your community or grab a few friends and rent the movie
- Host a documentary screening of “The Mask You Live In” in your community to help encourage healthy manhood. Use this screening guide. (Note: A screening fee will apply.)
- Host a screening of the campus sexual assault documentary The Hunting Ground on your campus or at your local theater. (Note: A screening fee will apply.)
- Host a free Escalation Workshop with the One Love Foundation. Escalation is a film-based discussion that opens people’s eyes to the warning signs of relationship abuse. The workshop consists of a film, Escalation, followed by a guided discussion led by a trained facilitator. Learn more about how you can bring Escalation to your school or community here.
- Watch Dave Navarro’s documentary “Mourning Son” to highlight a powerful example of how these issues directly affect men and boys. Learn more about the documentary here!
- Host a conversation about unhealthy relationships and social media using One Love Foundation’s Behind the Post video and discussion guide. Behind the Post is a series of videos that show the discrepancy between the life that people in unhealthy/abusive relationships project on social media and the reality happening behind the post. This campaign highlights how social media can skew our view of relationships and, in some cases, influence our decisions to stay in them.
Launch a Photo Campaign or create your own Public Service Announcement Video Campaign
Create a NO MORE Photo campaign
- Set up a table with printed materials to handout and invite people to customize a NO MORE sign and take a photo.
- Download the co-brandable NO MORE Week “NO MORE ____” Sign | Directions for Participants | Sample Graphic 1 & Graphic 2 to promote online submissions
- Print & display the warning signs & posters around the room. Attendees can check out the displays and collect printed versions of the resources as they go.
- The Warning Signs of Physical, Emotional & Economic Abuse Posters
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Definitions Poster
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Trifold
- Co-brandable NO MORE action card / handout
- NO MORE Financial Abuse posters by NNEDV and the Allstate Foundation
Create your own NO MORE Print Ads. Here is a great example of a Photo Campaign by Suffolk County Community College students.
Create your own version of the NO MORE video PSAs. Check out our YouTube channel to see what other groups have done in the past.
Host a bystander engagement training at your workplace or school
See the Signs, Speak Out, free online tools and workplace trainings developed by the Avon Foundation for Women, are available to help you empower your communities with knowledge and tools to have conversations about domestic violence, dating abuse, and sexual assault. The trainings, developed in partnership with JWI, Ohio Domestic Violence Network, and The New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, include:
- Recognize and Respond to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault. Learn how to start the conversations to help family, friends, or colleagues who are impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault. Click here
- Dating Abuse: Tools for Talking to Teens. Teens need to talk. Learn how you can talk to the teens in your life about dating abuse. Click here
- Stand Up, Don’t Stand by, Protect Children from Domestic Violence. Get the tools to recognize danger for a child, decide you can do something, and intervene for change. Click here
Host a NO MORE night at your school or at a local school in your community
Ask the school if you can host a bake sale as a fundraiser to help support NO MORE domestic violence and sexual assault! Sell donuts, cookies or other items and donate the proceeds to NO MORE or a local program near you. (To find a domestic shelter near you, visit domesticshelters.org. To find a local rape crisis and counseling center, visit www.centers.rainn.org).
Host a Quilt Making Workshop
Join FORCE’s Monument Quilt blanketing the National Mall, made of stories from survivors of rape and abuse as well as allies. Your square and your voice will join thousands of other survivors and allies, to create a public space that honors and supports survivors and challenges the silence, shame and stigma that surround these issues. Host a Quilt Making Workshop with 10-15 people using these resources! Serve NO MORE blue donuts or incorporate the symbol into your quilt square to represent our shared commitment to creating future when ‘Together we can end domestic violence & sexual assault.’ Click here to learn more.