From Marjorie Gilberg of Break the Cycle:
I am absolutely thrilled to be part of this exciting moment in time, the moment that we join together to tell the world that we will no longer stand for violence against women, men, girls and boys. I thought I would sum it up in my top ten reasons that I believe the NO More campaign is so awesome!
- Everybody knows someone who has been affected by domestic violence and sexual assault—even if they don’t know they know someone.
- The shame and secretive nature of these crimes only serves to empower the perpetrators. This campaign has the potential to start the conversation, help people speak out and know they are not alone.
- Unifying the voices around this movement is long overdue.
- Domestic violence and sexual assault experts, creative marketing and public relations minds, and leaders from progressive corporations and foundations dedicated their time, money and talents to conceive the concept.
- The energy, excitement and possibility for the campaign are palpable.
- Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, can wear the symbol to show their solidarity alongside survivors.
- All of us have a role to play to end domestic violence and sexual assault. This campaign gives everyone the opportunity to get involved.
- The circle symbol captures so many important messages—unity, wholeness, healing, zero tolerance, while the blue color reminds us of peace, safety and calm.
- The message is simple, clear and to the point.
- And like our tagline at Break the Cycle reads, everyone deserves to have a safe and healthy relationship.