Wed Apr 15 2015, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
The National Resource Center on Domestic Violence, in partnership with 2nd Chance, WISE, and, Voices of Men, announces an upcoming repeat of our popular webinar:
4/15/2015 at 2PM Eastern, 1PM Central, 11AM Pacific
This webinar will serve as a virtual workshop designed to generate dialogue about the current proliferation of “engaging men” work.
- What are the benefits of men’s expanding involvement?
- How is this shift impacting community-based work?
- What are the unintended consequences of men’s expanding involvement and leadership?
This session will be 1.5 hours in length, including time for Q & A. Participants are encouraged to bring questions – especially if your organization has run into successes or challenges when engaging men.
- Trace Fleming, Sexual Violence Program Director for 2nd Chance, who will introduce the terminology and concepts framing our discussion.
- Kris Macomber, PhD, Sociology Faculty for Meredith College, who will discuss how her research findings point to an increasing emphasis on men’s accountability.
- Ben Atherton-Zeman, Artistic Director for Voices of Men, who will discuss some strategies and tools for incorporating accountability into organizational practices.
Register now: https://bwjp.ilinc.com/register/pcxcmsr
More details at: http://vawnet.org/assoc_Files_VAWnet/EngagingMenWebinar-Repeat.pdf